Friday, October 20, 2006

Five Things

I’d love to write more, and more often, but once again, I meet the bipolar specs to qualify as an official H. Harvey Gold.

The way Gold Teleproductions works, and this is a milder microcosm of my entire 20+ years in TV, is in a very non linear way. Love comes in spurts, they say. So, as I work from my home most of the time, I’ve had neighbors observe me riding my bike, walking my dog, turning up at the gourmet grocer, all at some ungodly hour like 1:30 on a Tuesday afternoon, giving me that amusing and confusing image of a man who comes from old money. Amusing to me, because we know that many who come from old money wear it well and often look like normal slobs like me. Yes their chinos come from Nieman –Marcus while mine from Caldor, but still…

Then there are the long periods when it appears I have abandoned the planet, not changed out of my pajamas in three days (two, I can say has happened, often, but three? Gimme SOME credit), have been quietly moved by cover of darkness into a sanitarium, or have simply left the neighborhood with, apparently only the clothes on my back.

This period of time leans towards the latter. I say only leans, because when it gets THAT busy, I start vibrating like a coke fiend roughly 27 minutes past the last line of the night, and would not be found to have either the time or the disposition to be writing an entry like this.

Still, it’s been busy and there’s enough surplus to what’s on my plate that even this is being written with the patina of guilt coating every keystroke.

Ok then, all this is to lead into mentioning a couple things:

1) The movie (available on DVD), “The Devil and Daniel Johnston” is a 5 star recommendation (unless you can only handle comedies and warm/fuzzy Jennifer Aniston vehicles).

2) It appears Richard Thompson has a new CD out. This is always a good thing, even if there are at least 15 out there I haven’t spent any quality time with.

3) Primus is gigging again. My sources (Dolli) say that this in support of a new “Greatest Hits’ comp. but still… Pork Soda for EVERYONE!!! PRIMUS SUCKS!

4) Califone has a new CD out. This is a band led by Tim, former head butcher at ‘Red Red Meat.’ Acolyte Michael Aylward says it kills. We’re seeing them live November 3rd, we hope, and will report on the CD as it suits us.

5) New Stooges Album album in the making with the Ashton brothers.

I recently observed (coming up with a new line for a song) that getting old can come fast and furious. ‘Five minutes ago’ hits without much warning. But with these events comes the whole conversation (which won’t happen here) about what transpires once ‘old’ has arrived, the issue come and gone, and business gets attended to.

Finis

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home