Saturday, May 06, 2006

Three Things... Pretty Big Ones.

Item #1 Something I Could Never Have Hoped For

I guess my biggest, best news in the world is that I got to spend real and meaningful time with my 20 month old grandfaery, Elliott Rose, this last week. Forget the weekends in Chicago. This was real stuff. I changed poop dypes TWICE!!

-I lifted her up to stand on our fence post to look at The Head (more on that in a minute).
-I put her down from carrying her around and she WANTED ME TO PICK HER BACK UP.
-We spun in my Aeron office chair, separately and together.
-We worked out a ‘thing’ where we stood (me on my knees) on either end of the hall, and I beat my chest and did a Tarzan, as she screamed and ran at me, and I at her while pounding the walls, our monumental collisions causing us both to repeatedly fall to earth!!! She later learned how to do the Tarzan herself.

-And then she left and I miss her terribly.
-And she took her mom with her and I miss her terribly.
-And I realized that as Grandparents we’re going to see her through
only so much, for only so long.
-And I got back on the elyptical and went on a diet, cause it made me remember that I want that to be as long as we can manage.

Item #2 The Head


Ex Roadie, current Engineering U of A guy, and always dearest of friends and most excellent artist, Greg Lewis, picked up the pace on our “wreck Bath” project. Sunday, he presented us with The Head. We have two tall, thin, barren trees in the front of our property skirting the street just behind our fence. When we had the devastation of the winter of 2004 finally dragged out of our yard, we, at Dolli’s suggestion, had these two trees cut, but leaving one at about 8 feet or so, the other about 12’, with nice flat tops. Wanting to do something with them, though they looked pretty cool as is, we suggested Greg use them as exhibition spaces. I have a feeling there will be a bit of a rotation as we go, but for the first step… The Head.

Thank you, Greg. You’ve made Dolli and me very happy, and gave Ellie and me something to share.

Item #3 The Gig

WE finally did it. I’ve seen it, I’ve smelled it, and Saturday, April 29th, 2006, I got to taste it. The T-Huey Mug-a-Sheep. Tin Huey, Half Cleveland, Ralph Carney and Friends. 28 years later THIS is what makes up the complete Tin Huey experience. Video, songs, jamming, terror, guests… our most perfect guest turned out to be a member… Mark Price, returning to guitar after all these years. Monster.

There’s a full report at:

http://www.tinhuey.com/news.htm

But let me just say here, thank you to everyone who came, who has ever come, and to the people who did some amazing things with me on that Saturday night. It was an honor. God bless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home