Thursday, May 11, 2006

Mark your calendars, and...

Opening Info Salvo:

Half Cleveland will be performing on…
6/2 at The Displaced Musicians Benefit- The Lime Spider, Akron Ohio
6/30 w. Houseguest and The Kristoffer Carter Show - Nantucket Nights at Musika (Mocha Maiden), Akron, Ohio
7/28 at The Baggot Inn, NYC

Details to follow. More gigs to be scheduled.

Now... there are folks who write something every day, or almost every day. The blog is like a diary, or... in my pal, Chris Butler's case, a cultural entertainment on line rag. In Princess Mombi's case, it's a way to open the faucet on a really fertile mind, probably helping her to stay sane. Made me, upon noting the date of my last posting, cringe a little, so here goes:

First, in case you only read the most recent postings, please, if you haven't yet, go to:

http://www.tinhuey.com/news.htm

Tin Huey played a gig that turned out to be pretty exciting for me, and since this blog is kinda, sorta, mostly about me and mine, it's something I'd love you all to see.

Second, while Mr. Butler has bought yellow construction helmets and we're planning a Vanity Fair pictorial on his lush foliage filled property, he posed inside a hawk proof (we hope) cage with helmet and BB gun, sans anything else, we've had our own bird dramas at Casa Oro.

Harvey and Clicky stand vigil

For a recent report from D-Mom, go to:

http://dollimama.blogspot.com

Third, in response to my emotional reaction to my Grandfaery Elliott Rose's visit
(see next post), a renewed desire to live as long as possible, I chose to lose some weight and exercise more.

My mother used to react to any hint that my brother and/or I thought she would benefit from losing a few pounds with a really, really, hurt and angry "Fine! I'll just eat salad!" which she never did.

In my case, relative to what my previous intake was, both in content and volume, starting with the prep for the Tin Huey gig, I've actually been doing just that.

The result? I have now, as of this writing, lost, conservatively 5 pounds and have loosed angry, animal fat and carb craving demons, making me just a little cranky, and maybe a little crazy. No chips, no sweets, as little bread as possible... and simply, way less food than this bloated body has been accustomed to for a long, long time. Yes, I feel better physically, I think, and yes emotionally I feel better, except for the part where I want to kill off a double quarter pounder with cheese, a really large order of fries, and then go take a nap. No soda, no milkshakes. If I'm still hungry, I'll eat a couple Filet-o-Fish... and more fries (balance is important),at which point I'll no longer feel a low grade need to kill and roast my dogs.

Final thought: I do have a myspace page:

http://www.myspace.com/hharveygold

It is, for me, like setting the clock on the VCR was for my father. But I'll get it. No worries.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mombi said...

Only Elliott could make a stick look ruuul ruuul funny & entertaining!

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home