Sunday, May 21, 2006

Field of Dreams

“Is this heaven? No, it’s Iowa.”

Being a stepladder allows me to avail myself, should I choose, of the “They’re Your Daughters!!” kind of creepy comment when navigating the shit pool. I don’t think I have ever said that, not that such a non-act deserves a medal, but still...

No question, there have been minimally bumpy moments when all of us have, on one occasion or 1000, stepped in the piggy puddle. My own size 10 foot (“peeyoo” wails the giant mythic Ellie Creature ) has entered my mouth, shot down my gullet and right out my big hairy ass on more than one occasion.

But truth is, there are three remarkably special gals who I both love and admire. Recent notes to prove why I should be crowing, in random order:

Recently, Meghan unveiled her secret plan,which is to collect, then re-sell many varied items of many varied values in order to become very rich, so that she and Kirk will be able to fund the placing of Dolli and myself in an appropriate "Raisin Ranch” if necessary. She has also pledged to make it near a mall. God bless you for that detail, dear Maynan… sniff. Mombi was also recently featured in a magazine piece playing the role of the Supremely Articulate, Talented, Enthusiastic, and Capable wedding planner she is, like the real big girl she's become. Kudos... or is that Kuders?


D-Lidz just pulled 3 As and a B this last semester, becoming the Lebron’s Streaking Cavs of the Dean’s list. Additionally, fueled in part by grant/scholarship type moneys, along with having seriously wrangled, maneuvered and worked (including working hard to establish a nice sized pool for debt to flow into, just like a real big girl oughta), Lizzie is heading off on an intellectual and cultural pursuit to Japan for 11 days at this month’s end. My, my, my. Won’t even go into the fact that she actually ordered, paid for and installed new hubcaps on the Matrix. Whew! I gotta go lay down!

Last, but by no means least, Mizzuzz Dao. Having received a Bachelor’s Degree lo those many moons ago, she upped and moved all the way to The City of Angels for a few years, then state-trotted back this a way and reinstalled in coolio Chitown with hubby (a great guy, so an accomplishment there for both her and Kris in finding and latching onto each other) and… Elliot Rose Faeryelf Harveygold Carter (her REAL name, Goddamnit), what may always be her greatest production and a great one it is. But Gayle has also always been looking for the thing that she ‘does,’ and appears to have found it. Entering into a massively intense and condensed (timewise) program, she just graduated in the top echelon of her class, and has gotten a job at a tony joint as an esthetician (look it up. I’ve got work to do).

Oh, and all these young ladies have excellent, superior guys… assuming that there is such an animal. In alphabetical order, Joe, Kirk, and Kris are my manly gang of ragamuffins.







Finally, the woman who brought me these li'l buggers, known as the Dolli-Mama. A special shout out to you for all the transformations you've made this year while keeping up the most ridiculously good spirits one could ask for. Danke, baby.


OK, the grateful hour is now… finis.





The following is an unsolicited endorsement:

"Gerg likes to start his Mondays with the H-Man"

1 Comments:

Blogger H. Harvey said...

Matters of the heart are often the toughest things to talk about, even though they often are the nicest things to hear. I adore all three of you, all in a real way because each of you so very differently. Meghan's pledge to keep us safe on a 'Raisin Farm' by a mall just started my joyfest.

Then I realized this would be a great time to show all my friends from NY (and elsewhere) what my li'l pride & joy step-progeny looked like, with a little sunting about each, since sunting is there to shout about anyway.

I knew you goils might check in and see it. That wasn't the point of writing it, but it's good if you see it, too, I think.

The Blog - a nice distancing devise with which to write something close to your heart.

Cool.

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home